Thank you Jill @ rantandraveaboutbooks for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I received this award because I’m a new blogger and have less than two hundred followers. I don’t have 200 followers perhaps but I only started 2 months ago and I’m super happy with all the followers I have because I didn’t think this was going to happen. It completely surprised me. OK now, enough with all this, let’s get on with it:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger asks you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 other blogs that you think are deserving of the award and have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know that you have nominated them.
- Ask them 11 new questions.
- My favourite color is pink. It doesn’t matter what someone would give me as a present, if there’s some pink in it, I’m happy. Now never call me difficult again yeah?
- My favourite series to watch for the moment is still The Blacklist. Every Thursday I’m almost giddy that I get to see Liz and Reddington again. I also have a little crush on Tom but don’t tell anyone.
- Talking about crushes, and since it’s just you and me here, my top 1 crush was Paul Walker. Now I have to make do with either Tom Cruise or Zac Efron, I haven’t decided yet.
- Apart from reading and blogging, one of my other hobbies is cross-stitch. Since I started my blog I haven’t had time to do any more stitching though.
- I’m a fan of Bruno Mars. A little Just the Way You Are, Marry You or Uptown Funk can make my day.
- I went to see Madonna with my work colleagues in November, a singer I wouldn’t choose to go see myself perhaps, but it was pretty awesome I have to admit.
- I’m a perfectionist.
- I don’t have any brothers or sisters, nor do my mother and father. Small family!
- I only have 5 movie DVD’s with my favourite movies. Number one is Coyote Ugly.
- I’m really scared of spiders, no matter how small.
- I like Coca-Cola, I hate Pepsi.
1. If you lived in the fictionalized version of Chicago in the Divergent series, which faction would you choose—Dauntless (brave), Abnegation (selfless), Amity (peaceful), Erudite (intelligent), or Candor (honest)? Explain why you chose the faction.
Well there is one that I absolutely would NOT choose and that’s Dauntless. Really, jumping into a black hole without knowing what’s at the bottom (well even knowing wouldn’t make a difference), that’s nothing for me. I think I’ll have to go with AMITY. I don’t like discussions and would even do anything to avoid it because I’m easily hurt, so yes let’s just keep the peace !
2. Which book or series started your love of reading?
Well when I look back to my booklist then I think it was the book Room by Emma Donoghue. This book was recommended to me by a friend who read a lot and this book made such a big impression on me that I wanted to find other books that were this good. I’ve found a few in the following years ;-).
3. If chosen as a contestant in The Hunger Games, what would your strategy be? Would you head to the cornucopia, dodging attackers for supplies, or would you run and hide?
I’m slow, I probably couldn’t run a mile if my life depended on it (though I only weigh 51 kg/8.0 stones so that’s not even the issue, I have 0,0 condition) and I don’t have any karate-style skills so I think my best bet would be to run and hide, and wait it all out until they’ve all killed each other.
4. If you were given the chance to re-write the ending of any novel, which one would it be and why?
Gravity by L.D. Cedergreen. But don’t ask me why really. I found this while browsing my book list and I know there was the usual two guys for one girl and still not being entirely satisfied. I felt like she didn’t love the others as much as they both claimed to love her.
5. Which book couples do you like most?
Pfew hard question. It’s been a while but I found these sweet couples:
- Travis and Abby in Beautiful Disaster
- Will and Lake in Slammed
- Kellen and Keira in Thoughtless
- Hannah and Garrett in The Deal
6. Fairy tale and classic novel re-tellings are popular now. Which fairy tale or classic novel would you like to see re-told that is NOT on the market?
Pfft I really don’t know.. Rumpelstilskin?
7. If you woke up inside the maze from The Maze Runner with no memory of how you had gotten there, what would your first instinct be and why?
See if I can climb up I guess. Once up there a lot of problems would be solved.. no predators, an overview of the labyrinth..
8. I’ve already told you some of my embarrassing moments. If you dare, what is the most embarrassing thing to ever happen to you?
I don’t really know… there are so many. One of the last I remember was that one time I wanted to skype with my father and I said to him that I heard him but only saw a black screen. He had the same problem. Turned out I forgot to pull of the tape I put over the camera’s little eye. 10 minutes later we finally figured it out… Yep that’s me.. sometimes I live up to that saying of being a blonde.
9. If you were a Silver in the Red Queen series, which power would you want? There’s a lot so I’m only going to name a few—Burner (fire), Strongarm (incredibly strong), Whisper (mind control), Singer (use their voice to plant a thought in your head), Telky (telekinesis), Blood Healer (can heal yourself), or Skin Healer (can heal anyone but themselves). There are a few others, but I think this is enough. If you want to choose one that is not on this list, that’s okay, too.
I choose Singer then, making others think what you want seems useful. Although I’d also simply would like to know what others are thinking, like that movie with Mel Gibson, What Women Want.
10. Do you prefer Apple or Android products?
Android, I’m holding my foot down until now that I don’t want an iPhone.
11. Do you have any special skills that you would consider unique or interesting?
You mean like hearing voices from dead people or something, like DC Jennifer Knight in The Silent Twin? Or hearing a machine talk to you like Root in Person of Interest? No, not that I can think of really.
Book Bloggers… I nominate you for the Liebster Award:
- Liesje @ A Thousand Lives
- Clair B @ Have Books Will Read
- So We Read Again
- Jill @ Jill’s Book Café
- Susieqlaw’s Blog
- Book Haunt
My 11 questions for you:
- What does a normal day in your life look like?
- What is your favourite way to recover from a long and bad day?
- What is your favourite season of the year and why?
- What’s your poison.. wine, beer, whiskey, other?
- Who is your dream dinner party guest?
- Who is your favourite blogger at the moment?
- What is your favourite item of clothing or if you don’t have anything, what are you wearing right now?
- What’s your favourite TV show?
- What 3 words describe you best?
- If you were to write a book what would be your main characters’ names?
- What books can you see getting made into movies?
Voilà, that’s it.. if you’ve already received this award or don’t feel like doing it, no problem of course.
Have a nice day !