I saw this on the beautiful website of Novelgossip (that I’m kind of envious of because that big pink square she put on her blog is really my style). If you haven’t seen it yet, go over and take a look! Anyway, I simply wanted to do this tag too because it’s an easy one so it was calling out to me to do this one and leave the other 10 tags I still have to do for another time.
So here are my answers to 11 simple bookish questions
1. Have you ever damaged a book? No I take very much care of all my things and I would certainly never damage a book.
I don’t know if this counts as damaging a book but I just want you to know that even this is UNTHINKABLE to me. There is no food in its cresses and pages are not bent when I’ve finished reading a book.
2. Have you ever damaged a borrowed book? No, absolutely not. Soooo, you can all lend me your books now, I will take so much care for them and return them in a pristine state.
If you want me to, I’ll even put my gloves on for reading them :-).
3. How long does it take you to read a book? A week at the latest, sooner if it’s below 300 pages.
4. Books that you haven’t finished? I almost always finish books, even if I really don’t like them, I keep on struggling on. One of the very few that I didn’t finish was Down among the dead men: A Year in the Life of a Mortuary Technician. This one really interested me but when I started reading it, it could not hold my attention.
5. Hyped popular books that you don’t like? 50 Shades of Grey on number 1 in any case.
6. Is there a book you wouldn’t tell anyone you were reading? No, I don’t read any weird books.
7. How many books do you own? A few hundred, but mostly on my e-reader, not physical books.
8. Are you a fast reader or a slow reader? If I can relate to the comments others give me (Are you reading something else already ??!!) then I would say a fast reader.
9. Do you like to buddy read? Never done it before. Is it reading the same book at the same time and then discussing it? If it’s finding some underlying deeper meaning in certain paragraphs, like we were meant to find in school, it’s definitely not for me. I never knew what they were on about. Otherwise I might have to give it a go sometime and see what it’s all about.
10. Do you read better in your head or out loud? I only read in my head. It goes faster that way 🙂
11. If you were only allowed to own one book which one and why? I really can’t answer that one, that’s just impossible.
Just as I thought, this was a fun and easy tag and I’m glad I did this. So who else wants to do this?Anyone from this list? Anyone not on this list?
- Tasha @ TashasBookAddiction
- Maggie @ In A Reading World
- Lauren @ Comma Hangover
- Marianne @ Storyscope
- Shameeka @ Shameeka’s Fictional World