I got this blog post idea from Jade over @ Drink Coffee and Read Books (an original idea of Eve @ Eve Messenger’s Otherworldly Endeavors) and I love quizzes and trivia questions and all, so this sounded like a great idea. Here goes:
Directions: Mark each statement that applies to you.
1. I have dropped a book on my face. More than once.
2. On social media, I follow writers, not singers and movie stars.
3. “Unputdownable” IS a word.
4. My idea of a great weekend is starting a new book.
5. My fingers type “Google” into the web address bar but somehow I keeping winding up at Goodreads. [No, I have a shortcut in my favorites bar for Goodreads so that’s even quicker if I want to go there]
6. If I leave the house without a book I
feel naked I have a mini-panic attack. I never leave the house without a book.
7. I freely admit I’ve hugged, kissed and/or lovingly patted a book.
8. My favourite thing in my wallet is my library card.
9. I plan road trips just to listen to audio books.
10. While reading a book I am oblivious to the outside world. People can shout my name, gesture rudely, but short of bodily injury, I will not notice them.
11. I’m happy if there’s a long wait at the mechanic/doctor’s office/airport because it means I get to read.
12. When putting together a travel checklist, my first item is always: “books to read.”
13. In lines or at doctor’s offices, when everyone else around me is tapping out messages on their cell phones, my face is buried in a book.
14. If a novel I’m reading has a plot twist I wholeheartedly disagree with, I will complain, out loud, to my book.
15. When I discover a new book I’d like to read, the first thing I do is to list it as “want to read” on Goodreads. Then I blog about it.
16. If I reach for a book, my household pets jump onto my favourite reading chair.
17. My favourite historical figure is Booker T. Washington.
18. When I meet new people, the first question I ask is, “What kinds of books do you like to read?”
19. The only thing better than buying new books is when someone reads—and likes—a book I’ve recommended to them.
20. I read posts entitled “How to Tell if You’re a Book Junkie.”
If you marked ONE OR MORE of the above boxes, you are a bookie junkie and are hereby awarded this badge. Wear it with pride.
13/20. I’m a proud Book Junkie, although I was kind of expecting my score to be higher than this.
Are you a book junkie and do you have a higher score? Let me know!