I was nominated for this award by the amazing Dee @Novel Deelights. Thank you Dee!
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion. – Okoto Enigma
The rules by Okoto Enigma are as follows :
1. Put the award logo/image in your post.
2. List all the rules.
3. Thank whoever nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
4. Tell your readers three things about yourself.
5. Nominate 10-20 people and notify them
6. Link back to the creator of the award.
7. Ask nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with a weird or funny question.
8. Share the link to your best/favourite post of yours.
- I’m super punctual and can’t stand it if people (or trains, trams, airplanes) are running late.
- I can’t look at operations on tv, but I don’t have any problems reading about bloody stuff in books.
- I’m the most indecisive person in the world. It’s giving me a lot of grief when I have to buy something, like say shoes. I usually end up buying two (or three) pairs at once in the same style. Lucky for me that at least I hate buying shoes (I know it sounds contradictory but I never find what I want, until I have to) and I only go shoe shopping once a year or even once every two years ;-). Yes the first pair are even the SAME shoes but in a different colour ((used to be) pink/beige-brown). And of course I end up wearing only one pair but at least now I still have another pair when the first are worn out. I get overly attached to items too and always want to find the same thing afterwards (#99 problems).
Well my favorite kind of posts are probably my BFF posts, showing my blog friends, because I get so many nice comments on them and I really like to get a better, more complete image of who my blog friends really are.
It’s funny but it isn’t a review but my post of 2 weeks ago ‘Do you have a book buddle‘ that got the most views and comments since I started blogging. Maybe I should just buy more bookish stuff ;-).
My answers to Dee’s questions:
If you could live anywhere else in the world, where would that be and why?
I’d love to live in a country where I can wear flipflops more than half of the year at least. I’d love to live somewhere warm and just thinking out loud.. I’m thinking Dominican Republic here. I had the biggest culture shock there and I think that’s what attracted me the most.
Who’s your favourite author? The one whose books you automatically pre-order without even knowing what they’re about?
I’m going with Gillian Flynn. She only wrote 3 novels to this day; I loved the darkness in all of them. So her next novel will be bought as soon as it’s out.
Can you think of a character in a book you’d love to invite for dinner?
I have no idea really. I’d love to sit next to Robert Bryndza (yes the author) for dinner though. I know he likes to eat and he seems just like a very friendly, fun and nice person.
Name five books you’d hope to have with you if you were stranded on an island?
- I am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes (because it’s deliciously thick)
- I Escaped from Auschwitz by Rudolf Vbra (to never lose perspective)
- The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons (I haven’t read it yet but it’s got 637 pages)
- Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover (to make me daydream)
- On The Island by Tracey Garvis-Garves (because it’s about being stranded, on an island, and it’s a hot romance)
You’re going on a road trip but you can only bring music by one artist. Who do you choose?
Because I can’t think of anybody else right now and he’s my latest focus: Bruno Mars.
Nominees for Mystery Blogger Award (but feel free to ignore if you don’t feel like doing it):
- Nicki @Secret Library
- Lucy @Lucy Reads
- Lauren @My Paper Infinity
- Donna @Chocolate’n’ Waffles
- Laura @Snazzy Books
- Janel @KeeperofPages
- Wendy @Little Bookness Lane
- Stephanie @TeacherofYA’s Book Blog
- Loreen @Coffee and Cats
My questions to all the above nominees:
- If I were to kill you, what would be your favorite way of getting offed? (the weird/quirky question people ;-))
- What’s your favourite kind of blog post to read?
- What’s your best blogging tip for writing a good review?
- If I would go to one blogger event, which one do I really need to attend?
- If there was no other way, would you choose being blind or being deaf?
Thanks again for the nomination Dee! Wishing everyone a happy Monday!