One of my absolute favorite tropes is the one where there’s more than one or two main characters but you have a whole lot of them (the more the merrier like they say) and where there’s really nowhere to go or run to! Lots of times the killer also hides in plain sight and everyone involved is a suspect (lots of suspects yay!). I love secrets and lies and you’re guaranteed to be entertained when reading such a novel.
If you happen to share the same love, here are 10 recommendations. These are a mix of books that I already read and ones that are on my readlist for the future.
- Guess Who by Chris McGeorge (reviewed)
- And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie (I watched the mini-series on tv)
- An Unwanted Guest by Shari Lapena (reviewed)
- The Hunting Party by Lucy Foley (reviewed)
- Sleep by CL Taylor (reviewed)
- Halfway by B.E. Jones
- No Exit by Taylor Adams
- The Passengers by John Marrs (Pub date April 1, 2019)
- The Escape Room by Megan Goldin (out in PB in August 2019)
- The Holiday by TM Logan (Pub date June 13, 2019)
PS: There’s also a YA novel by CL Taylor to come (I heard about it via the author’s newsletter but the novel is untitled).
It’s difficult to say which one(s) I liked most because I liked the ending more in this book and the villain more in another, but the one novel that still stands out for me most is Guess Who by Chris McGeorge because it’s literally a locked room they’re in. I think the top 5 are basically just sort of my order of preference 🙂
So over to you! Any of these you read or want to read?